When preparing your vehicle for the winter, there are various things you are going to want to check to make sure everything is in working order.
Inspection Before Winter
Before winter comes, you want to have all of your weather gear for your vehicle. Here are a few parts that can be replaced to help endure the winter weather:
- Check your tire pressure as temperatures drop and your treading. You can also get winter tires that have longer treading for driving in the snow.
- Test your wipers and get wiper fluids for temperatures below freezing, so it doesn't freeze on or to the windshield and wipers.
- Test the battery and the cooling system.
These are just a few things you want to test, and possibly replace, to endure the winter weather season.
Tips for Driving in the Winter
Nobody wants to go out in the winter, but unfortunately, the cold season doesn't stop our daily lives from continuing. It's important to stay home if possible, especially if below freezing or if there is precipitation in the cold. Here are some tips to keep you driving safe in the winter:
- Drive slowly when there is precipitation in the cold, particularly snow or ice.
- Accelerate and decelerate slowly to avoid skids and to help you keep traction during inclimate weather.
- Don't power up or stop on hills.
- Keep your gas above half of a tank to avoid a gas line freeze.
There are plenty of things to do to keep yourself safe and ready to drive in the winter if you need to go out, but ultimately, it is best to stay inside if you don't have to leave. However, if you need to get your vehicle ready for the winter, we invite you to bring your vehicle to Westside Car Care in Yakima today!